passport photo myrtle beach SC
Getting a new passport or renewing your old one? Great!
If you are getting a passport for the first time make sure to get all the information of what you may need. You may get this info on the official government website of your country. Most require a Passport Application, Evidence of Citizenship, copies of Identification and most important you must provide a Passport Photo! ... And that's where we come in!
To avoid processing delays, be sure your photo meets all of the requirements and is properly submitted with your application.
Every country has a different passport requirement and standards so if you are planning to take pictures on your own or go to a pharmacy store, be sure to bring passport photo requirements with you.
If you are renewing, you must attach your Passport Photo to the renew Form. Some countries request a stamp from the photography studio with a date when the photo was taken and studio information on the back of each picture. We will do that too!
We are here to help you get the right passport photo that will not be rejected.
A lot of our customers come to us after spending money at the wrong places and most important wasted valuable time. Especially if you are sending pictures via mail you can waste up to 2 weeks just to receive a notice that your pictures did not meet the industry standard requirements. Pharmacy/groceries stores are not always trained on how to take pictures without shadows on the face and proportions of the face may be not be proper. Every country has different passport requirement and standards. We will include the most popular countries that we usually do Passport photos for.
Canada Passport Photo Requirements Your Canadian passport photo must be:
- Taken by a commercial photographer.
- 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide X 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
- Clear, sharp and in focus. Photos may be in color or in black and white.
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
- Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera.
- Taken in front of a plain white or light-colored background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
- Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
- Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last 12 months).
- Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable).
- The following must be included on the back of one photo.
- The name and complete address of the photo studio and the date the photo was taken. The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
- Your guarantor clearly write: "I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant's name)" and sign his or her name (unless you are applying to renew a passport, as no guarantor is necessary for renewals).
- Glasses, including tinted prescription glasses, may be worn in photos as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare in the glasses. Sunglasses or photos where there is the red-eye effect are unacceptable.
- Hats and head coverings must not be worn, unless it is worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, your full face must be clearly visible and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Your hair can be down.
- Shadows are not acceptable. Lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- Child photos must follow the same rules indicated above.
- Photos must show the child's head and shoulders only. Parent's or child's hands must not appear in the photo.
- Passport Canada recognizes the difficulty in obtaining a neutral expression of a newborn and will allow for some tolerance in this regard.
- For newborn babies, the photo may be taken while the child is sitting in a car seat, as long as a white blanket is placed over the seat behind the child's head. There must be no shadows on the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
Make sure your photo has been taken within the last 6 months!
Attention! Canada New Photo Requirements
The requirements for passport photos in Canada are different from those in the United States and other countries. Photos must be taken in person by a commercial photographer and must comply with the Government of Canada's Passport Program photo requirements.
Passport Photo Requirements information was used from Canada Passport web site. Please visit their website for the latest updates. http://www.cic.gc.ca/
Your Jamaican passport photo must be:
- 2 identical photographs are required
- Photographs should be taken in color with a matte/dull finish, against a plain background
- Applicants of light complexion should avoid wearing white clothing and should have photographs taken against a pastel shaded background
- Applicants of dark complexion should wear colored clothing and photographs should be taken against a white background.
- Applicants with gray/white hair should have their photograph taken against a pale blue or pastel background
- There must be no other person or object in the photograph
- There should be no background shadows
- A full frontal pose is required
- There should be no creases or ink marks on the photograph
- Exposed shoulders and chest must be avoided
- Bright colored clothing is not recommended
- Eye glasses should not have tinted lenses
- Heavy (thick) frames should be avoided
- Headgear is permitted ONLY for religious purposes. Facial features including the outline of the face from the bottom of the chin to top of the forehead must me clearly shown.
Photographs submitted with an application become the property of the Government of Jamaica
Passport Photo Requirements information was used from Passport immigration and citizenship agency web site. Please visit their website for the latest updates. http://www.pica.gov.jm